[asterisk-dev] astobj2 and chan_sip; first results... wanna test drive it?

Mon Jan 7 05:35:58 CST 2008

Steve Murphy schrieb:
> On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 09:32 +0100, Johansson Olle E wrote:
>> Steve,
>>
>> This is work that has been on my wishlist for a very long time. Thank
>> you!
>>
>> I hope to get time to test drive this soon and have some ideas on how
>> to do it.
>>
>> We need to discuss the dialog matching to se fix it once and for all,
>> there's a lot
>> of open issues I have there on my list from SIPit testings, some tests
>> I could never
>> participate in because Asterisk crashed totally nad did everything
>> wrong in the
>> matching...
>>
>> Right now I'm busy finding new projects to work with on a consultancy
>> basis
>> and a new sponsor for my Asterisk work.
>>
>> /O
>
> Olle--
>
> I wish you absolute best of luck in your search for funding. I'm
> painfully aware of how stressful such efforts can be.
>
> I'd love to discuss some of the options with you, if you get a free
> moment. Until then, I have a few questions:
>
> 1. on dialog matching-- if headers and tags are to be used for matching
> multiple dialogs with the same callid, how often would this happen in
> the course of "normal" activity, and how many such dialogs (with the
> same callid) would normally exist; how many **COULD** exist? I'm going
> to try to read the sip spec so I can understand the whole dialog
> "thing". I'm not looking forward to it.

A really common scenario is Asterisk as PSTN gateway and (open)ser as
SIP Proxy. A user is registered with 2 sip clients using one SIP account
- thus the SIP proxy performs parallel forking. If there is an call from
PSTN to SIP, Asterisk has an outgoing SIP call. This SIP call will be
forked to 2 SIP clients by the SIP proxy. Thus, Asterisk will see
Usually this will create multiple "early" dialogs but only a single
"confirmed" dialog. But in a race condition (both phones are picked up
at the same time) it may happen that Asterisk gets 2 200ok responses. In
this case Asterisk has to send BYE to all 200 ok responses except the
first one.

regards
klaus