[asterisk-dev] Call files using Zap

Steven S. Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Jan 4 10:51:05 CST 2008

----- "S. M. Faisal Abbas" <faisal at itcompletes.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using call files for automating outgoing calls, my receiving
> context is
>
> [RecievingContext]
> exten => s,1,Answer
> exten => s,n,Playback(a-wav-voice-file)
>
> I am using Zapata trunk for out going calls
>
> The problem is that the playback occurs before the callee picks up
> the
> phone.
>
> Could someone suggest a resolutions

Either you used the wrong syntax in your call file and you sent it to the dialplan before it dialed out, or you are using analog phone lines and therefore do not know when the call is answered. If it is your call file, that is fairly simple to fix, if it is your technology, you will need to do something like detect voice for the answer.