[asterisk-dev] new priority of pattern matching in 1.4. Does it makes sense?

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Tue Feb 26 12:00:46 CST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 16:40 -0500, Jared Smith wrote:

> > 3) Only if no pattern could possibly match in the first included
> > context, then Asterisk will search the second, then third included
> > context, and so on until a match is found or all patterns have been
> > tested.
>
> I'd rewrite this as "Only if no patter could possibly matchin in the
> first included context *or any contexts included in the first included
> context*,

I'd forgotten about nested includes. So the nested includes are searched
all the way down the tree before the next included context. Correct?

And I second that question about how the special extensions play into
this, especially "a" and "o".

If a call is sent into voicemail via an include or a nested include and
the caller subsequently exits the voicemail system with "*" or "0", do
they exit in the starting context, or into the context that voicemail
was called? Or are all included contexts searched from the start down
for the first match of 'a' or an 'o' ?

John