[asterisk-dev] new priority of pattern matching in 1.4. Does it makes sense?

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Feb 21 16:25:03 CST 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 16:04 -0600, John Lange wrote:
> Something definitely changed in 1.4. When I migrated our dialplans to
> 1.4 the started working differently. At first I thought it was a bug
> since more exact patterns were not matching in favor of less exact
> patterns.

Some of the pattern matching heuristics changed *for patterns within a
single context*, but the way Asterisk matches between different contexts
(as explained in my previous email) hasn't changed in years.

If you'd like, I'd be happy to explain my understanding of how Asterisk
does pattern matching within a given context (which is slightly
different than 1.2).  The key thing to remember though is that Asterisk
won't continue searching more contexts once it finds a match (no matter
how *good* the match is).

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager