[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] russell: branch russell/events r103692 - /team/russell/events/doc/

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sun Feb 17 20:36:13 CST 2008

Daniel Hazelbaker wrote:
> Would this code base/branch be a starting point for eventually having
> a way to do generic server<->server communication as well?
> Specifically, I am thinking of a way to (eventually) have a user at
> site A transfer a voicemail message to a user at site B.

Well, sort of, but not really ...

One thing that I am working on with this branch is an easy way to distribute
message waiting information.  Currently, the working method for distributing
events requires that the servers be on the same high speed LAN.  So, while
distributed MWI is supported, it's not all that useful, because you can already
do this pretty easily using ODBC storage of voicemail.

However, whenever I get around to extending this to use DUNDi, or something
similar, as a transport, it will become more useful across the internet as well.

In any case, none of this addresses being able to transfer voicemails between
servers.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer