[asterisk-dev] Client Puzzle Protocol in SIP

Fadil Sutomo fsutomo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 22:37:46 CST 2008

Hi All,

I am interested in developing a client-puzzle mechanism in SIP protocol so
that any client wants to send an INVITE message to asterisk should solve a
cryptographic puzzle first. So, anyone of you can give me pointers regarding
this?

I am thinking about using openSSL api for the crypto in this mechanism, and
I am not planning to support the clients. I just want to implement this
mechanism in Asterisk and test it in mitigating DoS attacks..

I will appreciate any help from you guys.

Fadil