[asterisk-dev] Asterisk mishandling user busy isdn releases (Klaus Darilion)

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 06:26:25 CST 2008

In article <47AB80B8.8090203 at monmouth.com>,
Ken Leland III <k3leland at monmouth.com> wrote:
> The below approach does not work because Asterisk treats the call as an
> answered call not a busy call.
> It seems as thought once Asterisk has received an ISDN CONNECT message
> the call is bridged and control will not be returned to the dialplan
> until the special hangup extension at which point it is already too late
> as the audio bridge is turned down.
>
> I have opened a bug report on this:
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11918
>
> Quoted from original post:
> "Asterisk does not play a busy tone when it receives a USER BUSY ISDN
> RELEASE messages following an ISDN CONNECT message"
> > I would try this:
> >
> > exten => 123,1,Dial(.....)
> > exten => 123,2,Gotoif($["${DIALSTATUS}" == "BUSY"]?3:4)
> > exten => 123,3,Busy()
> > exten => 123,4,Hangup()

Try this instead (not tested, but I remember using the same approach):

exten => 123,1,Progress
exten => 123,2,Dial(.....)

and then nothing further. If Asterisk falls off the dialplan after a Dial,
it should return the status of the dial back to the calling channel. The
preceding call to Progress instructs Asterisk to play the appropriate
progress tones in-band as required.

Cheers
Tony
--