[asterisk-dev] Another dial-option, catching hangup of caller party

Johan Wilfer johan at wilfer.se
Mon Feb 4 16:11:10 CST 2008

Johan Wilfer wrote:
> I don't know what to call this feature, but after playing around with
> res_features and application maps I come to think about this...
> When dialing someone with Dial() the call can survive the called party
> hanging up - using the g-flag.
> Sometimes it's useful to do the opposite, but I'm not sure how or
> where to implement this.
>
> I can think of having a X()-option similar to G() that transfer the
> called party to this extension after the caller hangs up.
> One other method is to have a special extension taking care of this,
> like h, s and so on.
>
> I think I like the first method best.
>
> I could use this together with application maps and the bridge app to
> eliminate my meetme rooms for this purpose. However I must be
> able to intercept either one hanging up to give feedback to the other.
>
> Ideas? If you could give me some pointers where to look for
> implementing this I would be happy,
> as I don't know my way in the source nearly as good as you guys do...
>
> Greetings
> Johan

Anyone?
Basically I don't want to hang up on the called party, just because the
caller slammed the phone. I would like to be able to continue dialplan
execution of the called party.

You can do this right now by breaking the bridged call and put them in a
conference. You can also use flags to the Dial application to do the
opposite - let the calling party (he who executed Dial) continue if the
called party hangs up. I would like to do it the other way around..

How do you like to see this implemented? Another option for dial?
Something else?

/Johan