[asterisk-dev] move zaptel kernel drivers to a subdirectory

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Feb 4 06:20:04 CST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 06:37:27AM -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> > * If a userspace program depended on a header file that has moved to the
> >   kernel subdirectory, it should now use '#include "kernel/foo.h"' rather
> >   than '#include "foo.h"'.
>
> This change would mean that these userspace programs cannot be built
> against installed headers, since those installed headers won't be
> located at a similar path in /usr/include. Can you just adjust the
> Makefile to add -Ikernel for userspace programs so this change is
> invisible to them?

Headers are still installed to the same place: /usr/include/zaptel/ .
The only change is inside the source tree.

Installed headers use <zaptel/zaptel.h> which has always never been the
same as "zaptel.h" . So I see no reason for breakage here. I prefer to
separate the headers between the directories, and not automatically
include -Ikernel for zaptel.h and the few extra kernel headers needed:

team/tzafrir/move$ grep kernel/ *.c | grep -v '"kernel/zaptel.h"'
fxotune.c:#include "kernel/wctdm.h"
hdlcgen.c:#include "kernel/fasthdlc.h"
hdlcstress.c:#include "kernel/fasthdlc.h"
hdlctest.c:#include "kernel/fasthdlc.h"
hdlcverify.c:#include "kernel/fasthdlc.h"

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com