[asterisk-dev] move zaptel kernel drivers to a subdirectory

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Feb 4 03:02:36 CST 2008

Hi

There's a branch to move the kernel part of Zaptel zaptel to a
subdirectory kernel/ .

  http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/team/tzafrir/move

My impression from it is that it should work rather well, and thus I
intend to merge it later today or tommorow (I didn't want to do it as a
weekend surprise).

I've tried to keep the changes to a minimum, and thus the makefiles
cleanup is not complete yet, and xpp/utils is still under kernel/ .
Those will be complited after the merge in separate changes.

I realise that this breaks the install instructions just about every
external driver out there. But the change is simple:

* Everything that is kernel stuff (drivers nad their include files)
  goes into kernel/ .

* If a userspace program depended on a header file that has moved to the
  kernel subdirectory, it should now use '#include "kernel/foo.h"' rather
  than '#include "foo.h"'.

* The logic for deciding what to build exactly stays in the toplevel
  makefile.

* Generally one should not rely on .EXPORT_ALL_VARIABLES, as it will go
  away. Either export explicitly, or pass explicitly.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com