[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Channel Redirect CLI command

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Fri Dec 12 16:41:38 CST 2008

Johansson Olle E wrote:
> 12 dec 2008 kl. 21.05 skrev Russell Bryant:
>
>> This patch introduces a new CLI command, "channel redirect", which
>> allows you to perform a similar operation to AMI Redirect, except
>> from the CLI.
>
> This is not something I want in the CLI. I can't see operators
> redirecting channels by looking at the CLI.
> We have been trying to move away from non-user interfaces in the cli
> and not add new ones.

Seems like a valid option to me and issimilar in functionality to
'channel originate'. This very much seems like an admin function.

And if I noticed someone calling a number I didn't necessarily want them
to call, I could redirect them to a place in the dialplan that says,
"You're busted!"

It could also be filtered out using eliel's CLI permissions patch as
well (I can't remember if that was merged or not, but I think it was).

Anyways, seems like it could be useful to me, so +1 from me.

(I also don't remember the discussion where we were trying to move away
from this type of functionality; do you have a thread you can direct me to?)

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.leifmadsen.com