[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Channel Redirect CLI command

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Dec 12 16:39:24 CST 2008

Johansson Olle E wrote:
> 12 dec 2008 kl. 21.05 skrev Russell Bryant:
>
>> This patch introduces a new CLI command, "channel redirect", which
>> allows you to perform a similar operation to AMI Redirect, except
>> from the CLI.
>
> This is not something I want in the CLI. I can't see operators
> redirecting channels by looking at the CLI.
> We have been trying to move away from non-user interfaces in the cli
> and not add new ones.

I can think of numerous cases where people would find use for this.
Also, I'm not sure what your definition of "non-user interface" is.  It
seems just as appropriate as channel originate, channel request hangup
(soft hangup), and a number of other things.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear what others think.  So, others, please
speak up.  :-) The people I have talked to so far have been excited
about it.  If enough people have a reason not to want it there, then I'm
certainly open to reconsider.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Engineer, Open Source Team Lead