[asterisk-dev] MiniVM and message forwarding

Brian McManus bmcmanus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 17:38:36 CST 2008

 I am pulling apart the configuration and the source for MiniVM...  Until I
have worked with it quite a bit you will have to excuse my minivm ignorance
:)

Right now I just have one question, with minivm did you intend to have the
administrator, in dialplan, use minivmrecord to place the files in
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/1234/?  On the user side, am I supposed to
create a macro to use playback() to then play the message to the user when
they login?

I know you are intending for maximum flexibility and it seems to all be grey
area.  I just have not seen an example of logging in and listening to your
voicemail through an extension, all of the macros I see seem to throw it out
in to the email ether and delete it from the disk.

I will wait for your ideas and suggestions....  I'm thinking I should
possibly create a minivmlogin and a minivmplayback.

-- Brian McManus