[asterisk-dev] wctdm 4/8/24 VMWI generation capabilities

Oron Peled oron.peled at xorcom.com
Thu Dec 11 00:14:17 CST 2008

On Thursday, 11 בDecember 2008, Alec Davis wrote:
> So the clue is to look in asterisk/channels/chan_dahdi

As Tzafrir answered earlier, if you have a recent Asterisk
than search for ZT_VMWI. This ioctl() notifies the channel
driver about MWI (in addition to the usual sending of FSK).

[if not, and you compile your own Asterisk, you can always
 patch it in -- it's basically a one line patch (embedded in
 an ifdef)]

For adding this missing feature to your driver, you may want
to search for "neon" in our xpp/card_fxo.c driver.
[if your Asterisk support the abovementioned ioctl() you may
 happily ignore the hack we implemented to sniff vmwi]

Cheers,

If it's there and you can see it, it's REAL
If it's there and you can't see it, it's TRANSPARENT
If it's not there and you can see it, it's VIRTUAL
If it's not there and you can't see it, it's GONE!