[asterisk-dev] Error msg: Asterisk is not Thread safe

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Dec 8 08:11:25 CST 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> While you're right in that the last two tests probably don't mean anything
> and should probably be eliminated, some of the test is still valid.  For the
> results shown so far, I think Kaloyan's machines (Slackware, glibc 2.7) are
> fine, while Patrick's machine (Fedora 10, glibc 2.9) has the indicated issue.
> This would tend to suggest that the problem occurred north of the distribution
> level and only certain distributions have detected the issue and fixed it
> downstream.

I have reviewed the error messages in Patrick's output, and they can be
explained by errors in the test case.  The first error message is this:

> test_thread_body:26 lock_count=11 != 10

This is at the beginning of test_thread_body().  This function will not
get a chance to run until test_for_thread_safety() has released
test_lock.  After it releases test_lock, and since test_thread_body()
has not been able to run yet, the test_errors integer will be set to 1.
  test_thread_body() can run at this point, and if it does, will
increment the integer by 10, and get the above error saying that 11 != 10.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer