[asterisk-dev] 1.6.0.2 still won't compile.

Karl Fife karlfife at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 13:50:25 CST 2008

I just re-downloaded 1.6.0.2, from
http://downloads.digium.com/pub/asterisk/releases/asterisk-1.6.0.2.tar.gz
...at 1:30 PM Central time, and am getting the same problem that was
supposed to be fixed:
I tried it on 2 separate machines.  Is the NEW 1.6.0.2 in a different
repository?  Did I get a cached copy?

   [CC] manager.c -> manager.o
manager.c: In function action_getvar:
manager.c:1732: error: SENTINEL undeclared (first use in this function)
manager.c:1732: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
manager.c:1732: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [manager.o] Error 1
make: *** [main] Error 2

Also:
BEFORE running into that error, I found that I still need to manually apply
the patch for app_fax.
'http://bugs.digium.com/file_download.php?file_id=20425&type=bug'
In the new release paradigm for 1.6, will I need to apply this patch for all
1.6.0.x releases?

Thank you
-Karl