[asterisk-dev] MiniVM and message forwarding

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Wed Dec 3 02:14:14 CST 2008

3 dec 2008 kl. 00.59 skrev Watkins, Bradley:

> Off the top of my head, I would say it could be an option to Record().
> This would have the side effect of potentially being useful other than
> within minivm, but might be to fine-grained to make it practical for
> my
> original stated purpose.  That said, it would be easy enough and
> perhaps
> I'll add it anyway.
>

> It could be and option to MinivmRecord, which would reduce the
> proliferation of Minivm* applications (which may or may not be
> considered a good thing or neutral).  This option is also fairly
> congruent with the current separation between what the minivm
> applications do versus what they expect a dialplan to accomplish.

The idea with minivm is to have a larger set of unique apps. Don't
hesitate
to create a new one if your new functionality doesn't fit into the
existing set.
We don't want another huge voicemail app ;-)

> The last option I came up with immediately was a MinivmForward app.
> The
> primary advantage here is that there might be some chicanery that's a
> little easier to do in C as oppposed to the dialplan, with the
> disadvantage that then you're tied to that functionality unless you
> want
> to change the source and recompile (not an issue with me, but with
> respect to users of the applications).
I think you need a function to concatenate two recordings, or prepend/
append to
an existing prompt. Then you need the MinivmForward app - if its' still
needed. After concatenating the prompt, it's just another voicemail
to store.

On my wishlist is imap/odbc integration to minivoicemail.

Cheers,
/O