[asterisk-dev] Bug in chan_sip

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Tue Dec 2 06:18:14 CST 2008

Hi there

I was reading the changelog of the new Asterisk 1.4.23RC and found this:

* channels/chan_sip.c: We don't handle 4XX responses to BYE well.
According to section 15 of RFC 3261, we should terminate a dialog if we receive
a 481 or 408 in response to our BYE. Since I am aware of at least one phone
manufacturer who may sometimes send a 404 as well, I am being liberal and
saying that any 4XX response to a BYE should result in a terminated dialog.
(closes issue #12994) Reported by: pabelanger
Patches: 12994.patch uploaded by putnopvut (license 60) Closes
AST-129

I guess that having only ip-phones in mind is not a good approach. Since it is
possible to have a sip proxy connected to asterisk we could receive a 407
(unauthorized) or 483 (too many hops) as response and dialog ending would not be
a good behavior.

Sould we reopen the bug or create a new one?

--
First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.

DaHjaj jaj QaQ Daghajjaj :)