[asterisk-dev] parse error in dahdi_cfg?

David A. Bandel david.bandel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 09:01:51 CDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Could you please post the full dahdi/system.conf ?

Sure:
---- start dahdi/system.conf -----
# Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Sun Aug 24 20:11:27 2008
-- do not hand edit
# Dahdi Configuration File
#
# This file is parsed by the Dahdi Configurator, dahdi_cfg
#
# Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 5" (MASTER)
fxols=1
fxsls=2
# channel 3, WCTDM/4/2, no module.
# channel 4, WCTDM/4/3, no module.

echocanceller=mg2,1-2
# echocancellers=mg2,1-2

# Span 2: DAHDI_DUMMY/1 "DAHDI_DUMMY/1 (source: HRtimer) 1"

# Global data

loadzone        = us
defaultzone     = us

----- end dahdi/system.conf ----

Despite the "do not hand edit" I hand edited this file.  Changes made:
fxols=1 (the genconf said no module)
fxsls=2 (ditto)

added the echocanceller line (per instructions in one of the txt files
-- README or UPGRADE, don't remember which, as the dahdi_genconf
didn't put any echocanceller in).

Note:  as is, this is what dahdi_cfg -vvvv shows:
root at guaca:/etc/dahdi# dahdi_cfg -vvvv
DAHDI Tools Version - SVN-trunk-r4822

0 error(s) detected

However, if I uncomment the line echocancellers I get:
root at guaca:/etc/dahdi# dahdi_cfg -vvvv
DAHDI Tools Version - SVN-trunk-r4822
Notice: Configuration file is /etc/dahdi/system.conf
line 13: Unknown keyword 'echocancellers'

DAHDI Version: SVN-trunk-r4817
Echo Canceller(s):
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Loopstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Loopstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 02)

2 channels to configure.

the cards are not, however, configured (so says dahdi_tools and
asterisk itself).

modules loaded:
dahdi_echocan_mg2       5448  0
dahdi_dummy             4432  0
wctdm                  35724  0
wcfxo                  11808  0
dahdi                 186216  6 dahdi_echocan_mg2,dahdi_dummy,wctdm,wcfxo

> --
>               Tzafrir Cohen

David A. Bandel
 - Nemesis Air Racing Team motto