[asterisk-dev] 56k SS7 using TE122.

Mark A Jenks Mark.Jenks at nsighttel.com
Wed Aug 20 16:17:06 CDT 2008

(Hate to crosspost, but I don't know where I should be sending this....)

I am working on a project to try and get SS7 working against our Nortel
DMS's.

First I tried to bring it up as a T1 to our DMS100, using B8zs or AMI
and It would not connect at all.

So, then we moved it over to our DMS500, which can handle PRI's and we
can now bring it up with B8zs now, but AMI does not work.

If we loop up the B8, everything looks great and it's happy talking to
itself.

Here is the problem: Our SS7 can only handle 56k.

Is there a way to get the TE122 to connect via AMI(56k)?  I can't get it
to connect at all, and even if we loop up the AMI.

Or maybe change the dchan to 56k?

I'm not even trying to use asterisk yet, I was trying to use ss7linktest
to verify it.  I shouldn't have to change anything in chan_dahdi yet,
right?

I've tried dchan, ntp2, and hardhdlc(which doesn't even come up, and has
a FXS/FXO message)

/etc/dahdi/system.config
#span=1,1,0,d4,ami
bchan=1-23