[asterisk-dev] asterisk fails to start with bri ptmp timing source

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Aug 18 10:45:33 CDT 2008

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> So at least until tose drivers are fixed, if layer 1 does not happen to
> be up at the time Asterisk is started, Asterisk will fail to start.

But if it does start, any operations in Asterisk that rely on the timing
being available will fail silently, and be incredibly hard to diagnose
and resolve. This is why we added the timer check to Asterisk.

One possible workaround would be for users to use res_timing_pthread
instead of res_timing_dahdi.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies