[asterisk-dev] ZAP channel hang

Anton anton.vazir at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 07:34:09 CDT 2008

Just tired from one longstanding bug: accidently (once in a month or so) some ZAP channel got locked (there is power on the ZAP line but no tone)
you may find below 2 of the channels having over 4 hours of the uptime, corresponding ZAP extension on channel bank -
is just silent - just until asterisk (not zaptel) restart. This bug remains since asterisk v 1.2. I've been filling a
bug report a long ago. If someone of the developers willing to address this issue,
I just need to know what info should I gather from my working system on the next reoccurence of this case,
and will fill a bugreport with all of the needed details.

Asterisk 1.4.21.1
Zaptel 1.4.11

CLI> show channels verbose
Channel              Context              Extension        Prio State   Application  Data                      CallerID        Duration Accountcode BridgedTo
Zap/21-1             internal                                 1 Up      Bridged Call Zap/27-1                  127             04:49:01             Zap/27-1
Zap/27-1             internal             116                 3 Up      Dial         Zap/21r2|25|thWwoj        127             04:49:08             Zap/21-1
2 active channels
1 active call

Anton.