[asterisk-dev] [policy] Bug Tracker Workflow Discussion

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Aug 11 10:29:06 CDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:14:23AM -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
> > 4) If at any point in the workflow, an issue requires feedback from the
> > original poster of the issue, the status should be changed to
> > 'feedback'.  Once the required information has been provided, it should
> > be placed back in the appropriate point of the workflow.
>
> I really wish we had a way so that the reporter could move it out of
> feedback, but we'll have to put this on our mantis wish-list, I guess.
> It may be worth noting that reviewing issues in feedback for updates is
> another part of the bug marshal team duties.

Mantis doesn't do that?

The generic version of that is that the ticket is "stalled" against a
particular resource not in control of the person to whom the ticket is
assigned: the reporter, a vendor, some other third part, hardware
necessary to test something, etc, and that when that person next
comments, it unstalls the ticket, unless they say it shouldn't.

> I'll take it on as my action item to create a separate document that
> describes the current state of all Asterisk releases, their maintenance
> levels, and the commit policies associated with them.  It's something we
> have needed for a while, anyway.

You guys don't actually have a Release Manager, do you?  A separate
individual whose primary job is solely to manage the current release
version of each release train, and make sure all the checklists are run
before making the announcements?

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.