[asterisk-dev] [policy] Bug Tracker Workflow Discussion

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Aug 11 10:24:51 CDT 2008

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:07:26AM -0400, Leif Madsen wrote:
>> RESOLVED: A resolution for this issue has been reached.  This issue
>> should immediately be CLOSED.
>>
>> CLOSED: No further action is necessary for this issue.
>
> I'd just like to ride my personal hobby horse about ticket trackers
> here:
>
> Anyone can "RESOLVE" a ticket.
>
> Only the *originator* should be able to "CLOSE" one.  Nothing pisses me
> off worse than someone closing my ticket when I don't think they're
> done fixing it; telecom carriers are famous for this.

Fair enough.  I'd be happy to start doing this.  It would mean that the
bug marshal team would be responsible for monitoring issues in the
"resolved" state, to ensure that they eventually get closed out if there
is no response.

We would also have to modify our mantis install just a bit to do this
properly.  The tag "closes issue #1234" would have to put it in resolved
instead of closed.  Also, we need to have that automatic resolve step
insert a note informing the ticket originator that they should close it
once they acknowledge that the issue has been resolved.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer