[asterisk-dev] Voicemail - IMAP Storage Problems - thanks for the help!

Lee Lundrigan llundrigan at laszlosystems.com
Fri Aug 8 20:02:47 CDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup IMAP storage on asterisk and I am having a few
difficulties. I want to be able to put voicemail in individual users
accounts first and see if thats possible, without setting a "master"
user account. When I dial 1000 i can leave a voicemail fine but nothing
happens in the voicemail folder on the imap server. When I call 1001 to
retrieve the voicemail it ask me to enter my mailbox number 100 and
password 100 but then it doesn't say anything and goes completely silent
with out hanging up. I am assuming it is having a problem accessing the
account and opening a stream to the imap server. I have included my test
config files here. Any help is very much so appreciated! Thanks in advance!

OS: CentOS
Server type: Cyrus
C-Client: libc-client-devel.i386 0:2004g-2.2.1

Let me take you through step by step.
Asterisk install---
make clean
./configure --with-imap=system
make menuselect (turned on imap storage)
make
make install

extensions.conf
[globals]

[general]

[phones]
exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/1000,10,tr)
exten => 1000,2,VoiceMail(100 at default)

exten => 1001,1,Answer()
exten => 1001,2,Wait(2)
exten => 1001,3,VoiceMailMain

sip.conf
[general]
context=default
srvlookup=yes

disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

[1000]
type=friend
secret=test
qualify=yes
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no

voicemail.conf
[general]
imapserver=arthur.qa.laszlosystems.com
imapport=993
expungeonhangup=yes
imapflags=notls
imapfolder=Voicemail

[default]
100 => 100,Test's Mailbox,,,imapuser=test|imappassword=test

Yours Truely,
Lee Lundrigan
Laszlo Systems