[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] eliel: branch group/appdocsxml r136850 - in /team/group/appdocsxml: apps/ cha...

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Aug 8 17:49:07 CDT 2008

  commits to the Asterisk project wrote:
> Author: eliel
> Date: Fri Aug  8 14:54:28 2008
> New Revision: 136850

> Log:
> Janitor (Move from 'static const char *' to 'static char *').
>
> Now we have syntax, description and synopsis of every application/function defined as 'char *'. This is an attempt to
> move every parameter in a register_application as custom_function_register to use 'char *' instead of 'const char *' when
> referencing a 'description' or a 'synopsys'.
>
> Also the casting made in ast_register_application2() to prevent WARNINGs was removed.

Can someone explain why this was done? These strings are most definitely
*NOT* to be modified at runtime, unless you can absolutely guarantee
that they will never need extra storage. Even then, most of the usage of
these strings does not make copies of them, so changing them after
registration would be unacceptable.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies