[asterisk-dev] Attended transfers problem

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Tue Aug 5 12:06:55 CDT 2008

On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:00:44 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote
> Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
> >  while working on bug 13185 i have found that with revision 122589 one of the
> > changes is that the Local channel used for the transfer no longer contains the
> > '/n' flag, which is the reason for it to be closed when the remote party
> > answers the call.
> >  My question is, is there a reason for this change or it is OK to restore the
> > '/n' flag? I have tested and restoring it does fix the problem, but not sure
> > if it affects something else - bug 11898 or Parked calls?
>
> The change was required to fix bridge permissions issues on transferred
> calls.  I'd really like to not have to add it back.  Hopefully we can
> find another way to solve whatever problem you are having.

using scenario:
A calls B
A transfers B to C

The problem for me is that the call (B to C) is lost in this case and it may
last for days and logged as 1 sec call in the database as this is done on hangup.
Another situation (not a problem, but):

While going through the dialplan the 'Local/C' channel gets its own settings
for the dial options (to exten C) and in the dial plan it is possible to check
the transferrer (A as callerid) and if the channel name is set to 'Local/B'
(instead of 'Local/C') it will be also possible to check the transferee and
make a decision if he/she should be able to make transfers based also on the
destination (C, combined with all of the above), for which one may have
different options, than for A->B call.
 Is it possible instead of coping the options from B - to keep (restore after
masquerade) the options set from the dialplan for this call and add the
transferrer's bridged peer (before the transfer - in this case B) as part of
the channel name?