[asterisk-dev] Overlapped dialling on SIP trunks for outgoing calls

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Apr 28 15:41:36 CDT 2008

On Monday 28 April 2008 14:41, Andreas Brodmann wrote:
> One thing I am not sure about - would your patch also cover the following
> scenario
> for international numbers with unknown length?
>
> exten => _000!,1,Incomplete
> exten => _000!,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@carrier,120)

That will never work.  Calling the Incomplete application means that the
dialplan will wait for more digits (and so the dialplan will restart).  You
need a more exact extension in the same context (or else the Incomplete app
needs to go into an included context).

> If so, is there a backport to 1.4.x for this? If not, would it be difficult
> to create?
> Basically all I want is asterisk to wait for an interdigit timeout for
> international numbers,
> because their length is unknown. If this combination of phones using SIP
> overlap dialing
> and asterisk still waiting for an interdigit timeout before sending 484 to
> the phone would
> be possible that opened a completely new perspective to real 'VoIP only'
> environments.

We will never support this in 1.4, as this is a new feature, and new features
are not candidates for inclusion in that branch.  I'm sure you could backport
it for your own use, though.

--
Tilghman