[asterisk-dev] Overlapped dialling on SIP trunks for outgoing calls

Andreas Brodmann andreas.brodmann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 14:41:49 CDT 2008

2008/4/28 Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>:

> On Monday 28 April 2008 02:15, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> > Johansson Olle E schrieb:

> > > Reading the source, if we get 484 we end up here:
> > >
> > > Case 484:       /* Address incomplete */
> > >                          return AST_CAUSE_INVALID_NUMBER_FORMAT
> > >
> > > And that's an error returned to the dialplan and the dialplan will
> > > have to try again.
> >
> > Does that mean that Dial() has to be extended ?
>
> I did some work on this a couple weeks ago, to support a slightly
> different
> use of incomplete matching, so I just extended it to support SIP overlap
> dialling.  See issue #12351.

 I just had a look at your issue @ bugs.digium.com

One thing I am not sure about - would your patch also cover the following
scenario
for international numbers with unknown length?

exten => _000!,1,Incomplete
exten => _000!,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@carrier,120)
.
.
If so, is there a backport to 1.4.x for this? If not, would it be difficult
to create?
Basically all I want is asterisk to wait for an interdigit timeout for
international numbers,
because their length is unknown. If this combination of phones using SIP
overlap dialing
and asterisk still waiting for an interdigit timeout before sending 484 to
the phone would
be possible that opened a completely new perspective to real 'VoIP only'
environments.

-Andreas