[asterisk-dev] Bridging two Channels

ast guy astguy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 02:08:41 CDT 2008

Hi,
 I'm looking for some approach where I can bridge two different channels.
Let me explain the scenario.
channel-A lands in dial plan and executes an application-X. Now there is
another channel-B in the same context but on different application say
Playback() . What is the best approach to bridge both channels?

 - Add both channels in conference ? Is a good approach, what about resource
usage ?
 - Any code/API available to do bridge both, like native pbx behavior ?

If both channels have been bridged then will channel-A return to
application-X ? and channel-B to Playback() ? after bridge is no longer...
Well I'm also interested in to hangup channel after a specific time out
value has reached or either party hangs up.

-AG