[asterisk-dev] Overlapped dialling on SIP trunks for outgoing calls

Andreas Brodmann andreas.brodmann at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 10:25:33 CDT 2008

2008/4/25, Johansson Olle E <oej at edvina.net>:

> 25 apr 2008 kl. 15.25 skrev Andreas Brodmann:
>

> > After chasing a problem I looked at the SIP code (1.4.19)
> > with a colleague and as far as we understood it, overlapped
> > dialing on sip trunks for outgoing calls is not supported (yet?).
> >
> > Can anyone confirm this or does anyone know if this is on the
> > roadmap?
>

> Asterisk has supported overlap dialling in SIP since 0.9.
> In 1.4, I added a setting that you will find in sip.conf.sample called
> "allowoverlap" to turn this on or off.
>
> Reading documentation helps :-)

Olle,

I read the docs before writing here and I used allowoverlap=yes.

What I would like to know from you is wheter this is supported for
phones only (as the example below shows) or wheter it is supposed
to work on sip trunks for 'outgoing' calls:

1) in sip.conf: [general] allowoverlap=yes
2) asterisk sends an INVITE to a carrier
3) carrier sends 484 back
4) asterisk sends congestion msg to phone.

-Andreas