[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-announce] Asterisk 1.2.28, 1.4.19.1, and 1.6.0-beta8 Released

The Asterisk Development Team asteriskteam at digium.com
Tue Apr 22 18:05:07 CDT 2008

The Asterisk development team has released versions 1.2.28, 1.4.19.1, and
1.6.0-beta8.

All of these releases contain a security patch for the vulnerability described
in the AST-2008-006 security advisory.  1.6.0-beta8 is also a regular update to
the 1.6.0 series with a number of bug fixes over the previous beta release.

Early last year, we made some modifications to the IAX2 channel driver to combat
potential usage of IAX2 in traffic amplification attacks.  Unfortunately, our
fix was not complete and we were not notified of this until the original
reporter of the issue decided to release information on how to exploit it to the
public.

This issue affects all users of IAX2 that have allowed non-authenticated calls.
 For more information on the vulnerability, see the published security advisory.

 * http://downloads.digium.com/pub/security/AST-2008-006.pdf

All releases are available for download from the following location:

 * http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/asterisk/

Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!