[asterisk-dev] Tiny little bug

Brett Crapser brett at websmyths.com
Sat Apr 19 01:15:52 CDT 2008

First - a little history...
I have a script(s) that build webpages from asterisk. It just does a set
of  asterisk -rx's  to a running asterisk and takes the output to a file.
I wrote this about 3 years ago. Haven't run it in about 2. I decided to
bring it up to date.

The first thing I noticed with 1.4.19 was that I couldn't turn off the
color display in the "show function xxx" - ah - but I remembered reading
about that - so I added a ANSI 'trimmer' to clean it up. No big deal.

Then I decided to add a routine to get help on the CLI commands.
And my script died. Well just stopped.

The Little Bug:
Apparently, asking help on 'say' and 'moh' subcommands is broken.
They don't work right even in the CLI.

Example:
*CLI> help moh reload
Music On Hold*CLI>
Livable but...

root at websmyths:~# asterisk -rx "help moh reload"
Music On Hold
(and sits there like forever...well - longer than I want to wait)

But I can't find a 'slot' on Mantis to put this in. I am not even sure
how to search Mantis to see if anything like this has been reported.
And it took me a day to give up trying to trace thru the code.

IANAD...

I just modified the script - but I started thinking someone else might
try to use this and I got feeling guilty.

Brett