[asterisk-dev] soft hangup and DIALSTATUS

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Fri Apr 18 06:37:29 CDT 2008

Hello,

I noticed that executing "soft hangup" on channel that's been
originated by Dial application would return DIALSTATUS=NOANSWER, which
i find very confusing, because Dial timeout hasn't been reached yet.

My proposition would be to return CANCEL, as dialplan is continuing to
next priority, not h extension. This would be much more describing.

Any comments/objections on this?

I looked into app_dial source, and see that return value '2'
translates to "NOANSWER", so i suppose check for chan->__softhangup
could be done there, but i don't think that it would have impact on
CDR (which is also NO ANSWER). Some pointers to right direction would
be appreciated.

Regards,
Atis

--