[asterisk-dev] wcfxo and X100P card won't play nice.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Apr 16 00:19:49 CDT 2008

Bob wrote:

> The driver recognizes your card just fine, or you wouldn't get that far.
>
> The driver fails when it tries to identify the line side device. It's just a
> sanity check when the 3050 chipset is being initialized. Sounds like a bad
> card.

I tried killing off the sanity check in the driver:

         switch(chip_revb) {
                 case 1: case 2: case 3:
                         /* This is a si3034. Nothing to do */
                         break;
                 case 4: case 5: case 7:
                         /* This is 3035. Has no support for
international regist
ers */
                         wc->flags |= FLAG_NO_I18N_REGS;
                         break;
                 default:
                         //wcfxo_notice(wc->span, "Unknown DAA chip
revision: REV
B=%d\n",
                         //              chip_revb);
                         break;
         }

         /* Initialize DAA (after it's started) */
         /*if (wcfxo_init_daa(wc)) {
                 printk("Failed to initailize DAA, giving up...\n");
                 wcfxo_stop_dma(wc);
                 wcfxo_disable_interrupts(wc);
                 zt_unregister(&wc->span);
                 free_irq(pdev->irq, wc);

                 outb(0x0e, wc->ioaddr + WC_CNTL);

                 if (wc->freeregion)
                         release_region(wc->ioaddr, 0xff);
                 kfree(wc);
                 return -EIO;
         }*/
         wcfxo_set_daa_mode(wc);
         printk("Found a Wildcard FXO: %s\n", wc->variety);

But now I get no audio from MeetMe() whatsoever.  :-)  I still get it
with ztdummy.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems