[asterisk-dev] chan_zap.c question

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:48:38 CDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to add a "wait-for-dialtone" feature to chan_zap.c for FXO
interfaces. This will occur after the ZT_HOOK call to go offhook, and
before ZT_DIAL for dialling.

2 questions:

1) Is it safe for zt_call to block while it waits for the dialtone, or
does it have to go into some sort of new "pre-dialling state", and
return?

2) Is it safe (or sensible) for zt_call to call zt_read to cause the
DSP processing to occur and detect the dialtone?

I suspect that neither of the above are possible, otherwise some
bright spark would have done dialtone detection already :)

Thanks,
Steve