[asterisk-dev] Debugging SIP locking/reload problem

Atlan Fox atlan.fox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 09:25:23 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have been given the assigment to debug a locking/reload problem in
asterisk 1.2.26.
This is for a large customer with a 150 seat call center. The problem
happens every three
days, and that's enough to get him severely aggravated, of course.

I need to solve this fast, but I have no way of reproducing it, and I have
no time
to learn everything by myself.

Can someone get me up to speed how to go about tackling this problem?
I already know a bit about asterisk internals, and have a lot of C
experience.

Short problem description:
- asterisk does not accept any new SIP calls.
- CLI works, until I start displaying sip internals
  after that no more output from the CLI at all

I suspect locking and/or reload problems.

Thanks,
Atlan

PS: I know version 1.2 is in securityfixes-only  mode, but upgrading to a
higher
       asterisk version is not an option I'm afraid.