[asterisk-dev] ilbc codec compile issue

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Apr 2 08:34:32 CDT 2008

Jeffrey Ollie wrote:

> That will only be good news if the code is available under some
> open-source compatible license.  Anything less and I'll have to return
> to stripping iLBC out of the Asterisk tarballs before uploading them
> to the Fedora build system.

I completely understand :-) Concerns like this were one of the many
reasons that prompted me to remove the code in the first place.

While we are negotiating with GIPS on this topic, I think it is highly
doubtful that the resulting license will be deemed an 'open source'
license and be compatible with licenses like GPLv2. It will still
contain modification restrictions, I expect, and that pretty much rules
out it being OSI-approved or compatible with OSI-approved licenses.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies