[asterisk-dev] app_confbridge

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Tue Apr 1 11:04:53 CDT 2008

Joshua wrote:
>> What is this new briding api? Is it already in
>> trunk/branch-1.6.0? Is there documentation for it?
>>
>> Marcus
>>

> Greetings Marcus,

> The bridging API is a new API that will initially
> augment but eventually replace the current basic
> bridging that we have in the core, and the conferencing
> we have in app_meetme. It is slated to be merged into
> 1.6.1 as soon as I finish some code changes and
> documentation. I would suggest waiting until I have the
> documentation done as that will give you a better idea
> of what it is, how it operates, and how to use it.

One area of weakness in app_meetme that appears to be
migrating into app_confbridge is the menuing.

The current design limits the menu to single digit
menu choices.  That in itself is not horrible, but then
we have four volume options (talk up/down, listen up/down).

Tony proposed a redesign a few months back that would
allow for multiple digit menu choices, which would allow
grouping of similar options-

        41- Talk volume up
        42- Talk volume down
        43- Listen volume up
        44- listen volume down

Which would also free up room for new options.  There is
only one open option in the Admin menu, and two in the
user menu (and I have a patch on Mantis that uses one from
each).

Dan