[asterisk-dev] CID spill after second ring

Jeff Bachtel jeff at cepheid.org
Mon Sep 24 19:05:56 CDT 2007

(apologies for the repost to those on -users, I meant to send this
here originally)

I have an Asterisk 1.4 setup behind a TDM800P with 5 incoming lines,
which happen to be inside my university's PBX. I have a problem
wherein the university's PBX is apparently sending its CID spill after
the second ring for a certain class of incoming calls (those from
outside the PBX). I've temporarily hacked around this with a goto in
chan_zap.c to restart CID processing if a good result wasn't
obtained, but would it be possible to get this sort of workaround
(with a better max retry safety count) integrated into the mainline
code? I'd hate to think my successor would need to keep patching code
to have CID work in our environment.

jeff

--
Jeff Bachtel  (root at VPR,TAMU)     http://www.cepheid.org/~jeff