[asterisk-dev] Unsetting the group

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Sep 20 10:42:44 CDT 2007

On Thursday 20 September 2007, Jared Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 08:29 -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > That currently results in an error.  What I'd like to do is to
> > change ast_app_group_split_group() to not flag on error on an empty
> > string, but rather to simply set the group to blank.
> >
> > Does anybody see a problem with this change?
>
> The only thing I might suggest is to create a GROUP_UNSET or
> GROUP_REMOVE function, just to make it nice and clear how to remove
> the channel from a particular group.

I disagree with this approach, as the same function should be
responsible for all changes with a particular purpose.  If you really
want an Unset, I would suggest something along the lines of:
Unset(GROUP(foo)).

However, I am very leery of an Unset application used in combination
with variables, as that breaks some assumptions with argument stacks.

--
Tilghman