[asterisk-dev] Thoughts on Asterisk release management

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Sep 19 16:13:11 CDT 2007

Rather than duplicate all the content... I'll start fresh.

I would have to agree about the 1.4 release, it has been an interesting experience and I fully support the changes mentioned by Russell. The only issue I see is actually getting the betas tested. I know there are a few individuals out there who are happy to test but their situations are unique and specific, as for myself my apartment PBX just handles SIP with rather low capacity. As long as we realize that there are still going to be a lot of issues raised upon a normal release it should all be fine. Any thoughts from anyone else?

Joshua Colp
Software Developer
Digium, Inc.