[asterisk-dev] Proposal for changes to static queue configuration

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Sep 19 12:10:14 CDT 2007

Jared Smith wrote:
> I wholeheartedly agree!  We really need to get past our current queue
> code and write it's replacement, instead of just applying band-aids to
> the current code.  I pushed for this at the Asterisk Developers
> Conference this spring, and I'm more than happy to help coordinate the
> effort of gathering requirements, defining use cases, and testing.
> Unfortunately, my coding skills in C are so rusty right now I can't
> really help out in that department.

Also, I would like to note that I by no means would like to discourage any
efforts to fix bugs in the current app_queue.  Asterisk 1.4 is not going away
anytime soon, and there is no reason not to continue to fix things that are
broken.  There have been a significant number of fixes over the past couple of
months, and I know they have been much appreciated.

By "applying band-aids to the current code", I hope you're just referring to
implementing new features for the current app_queue.  :)

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer