[asterisk-dev] AST_FRAME_DIGITAL

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Sep 19 09:35:33 CDT 2007

Klaus Darilion wrote:

> I thought this is rather simple - just adding AST_FORMAT_H223 to rtp.c.
> We only have to agree on the name in the a=rtmap line.

That is only true if the SDP for H.223 media streams is very simple
(takes no parameters, especially optional ones), and if the SDP required
parameters (format names and such) are already defined somewhere. Just
telling the RTP module that the format exists is not enough to actually
handle calls.

'We' don't get to agree on the name in the rtpmap line... it's defined
by RFCs or other standards.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies