[asterisk-dev] AgentMonitorOutgoing: to be deprecated in 1.6 ?

Alexandre Snarskii snar at paranoia.ru
Wed Sep 19 08:32:38 CDT 2007

Hi!

While preparing to move our call-center from AgentCallbackLogin
to dynamic queue members I found, that that change will break,
among others, AgentMonitorOutgoing. Well, that can be helped with setting
global AGENTBYCALLERID_<clid> variable when agent logs in, but:
- that's rather hack than solution :)
- global variables does not survive asterisk restarts, so,
after restart our agents will need to re-login to get their
call monitored. With AgentCallbackLogin they do not.
- worse yet, as queue members by default is persistent ones, agents
may even not mention that asterisk restarted and they need to re-login
(they still getting calls from queue, so, who's sure, is it restarted?)

But, as AgentCallbackLogin is always removed from 1.6, and
as AgentMonitorOutgong "should be used only with AgentCallbackLogin"
(from it's description, chan_agent.c, line 95) - i'd like to know:
- will AgentMonitorOutgoing be removed from 1.6 too (because
it lacks application it should be used with), or it will stay
for at least before 1.8 ?
- if it will stay - do you like idea of new option for app_queue,
which allows app_queue while reloading dynamic queue members from database,
set AGENTBYCALLERID_<clid>, thus mimicking old chan_agent.c behaviour
(may be even not for all queue members, but only for those with membername
starting with Agent/ or other configurable(?) prefix) ?
Or it's what you call a dirty hack, and I should better provide separate
application, called, f.e. QueueMonitorOutgonig with the same flags and
functionality as AgentMonitorOutgoing ?