[asterisk-dev] ast_readaudio_callback() called just one time

Paulo Garcia paulo.astdev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:35:39 CDT 2007

Hi Curt,

First, thank you for your answer.

exten => 4020,1,Answer(500)
> exten => 4020,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID(num)}@default)
>
> Which will answer the call and start the streams flowing, wait for
> 500ms, and then continue.  By default, at least for voicemail, Asterisk
> does an implicit answer and I think that the channel.c code in trunk was
> changed a while back to insert a 500ms wait when a channel was answered
> to help with this very problem, ast_answer().  I don't think this change
> made it in to 1.4 but I could be wrong.

I tried to use the Answer(500) and I still have the same behavior. Then I
tried to increase the 500ms to more and it seems that the dialplan isn't
wait this time.

Do I interpret something wrong? Is this the same that use:
Answer()
Wait(1) ? (of course considering that wait use seconds).

Thanks again!