[asterisk-dev] ast_readaudio_callback() called just one time

Paulo Garcia paulo.astdev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:22:22 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have the following behavior (Asterisk 1.2.24):

Using my channel driver, If my dialplan starts directly with a playback
functions, for example:

exten => 4020,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID(num)}@default);

the first messages wasn't played (in this case vm-login). The vm-password
file is played normally.

However, If I insert a Wait() function before:

exten => 4020,1,Wait(1)
exten => 4020,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID(num)}@default);

both vm-login and vm-password are played normally.

In the first case (without Wait()), checking the Asterisk code, I saw that
the ast_write() function is called just one time when the vm-login is
played. I found in file.c the ast_readaudio_callback() that should be called
several times until the file finishes. However, it is called just one time.

I checked that in my side, the audio is already enabled, the channel is UP
but my write callback is never called more than one (since ast_write() is
not called as well).

What is the difference using Wait or not? Why the vm-login fails to play in
the first case?

Any idea where to find the cause ?

Thanks!