[asterisk-dev] AST_FRAME_DIGITAL

Sergio Garcia sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Mon Sep 17 05:28:49 CDT 2007

From: Mikael Magnusson <mikma264 at gmail.com>
Date:  Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:46:58 +0200

>Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>
>> Kevin P. Fleming schrieb:

>>> This is not useful unless a channel driver that uses RTP can
>>> send/receive H.223 (which means there must be a means of negotiating
>>> this format with other endpoints, in the case of SIP that means there
>>> must be support in SDP for H.223 media stream negotiation).
>>

>> I thought this is rather simple - just adding AST_FORMAT_H223 to rtp.c.
>> We only have to agree on the name in the a=rtmap line.
>>
>> klaus
>>

>Have you considered CLEARMODE as defined in RFC 4040?
>I found a pcap sample in Wireshark wikipedia:
>
>     A sample of H.223 running over RTP, following negotiation over SIP.
>     http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures

By the way... very interesting..

H.223
h223-over-iax.pcap.gz (libpcap) A sample of H.223 running over IAX.
h223-over-tcp.pcap.gz (libpcap) A sample of H.223 running over TCP. You'll need to select 'Decode as... H.223'.
h223-over-rtp.pcap.gz (libpcap) A sample of H.223 running over RTP, following negotiation over SIP.

Best regards
Sergio