[asterisk-dev] Found a bug

Gregory Nietsky gregnietsky at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 10:29:42 CDT 2007

On 9/15/07, Nicholas Blasgen <nicholas at blasgen.com> wrote:
> Atis,
>
> If you're using RT you can turn on RTCacheFriends and just issue a
"asterisk
> -rx sip reload" or it's something like that.  The other option is to use
the
> Asterisk Manager Interface (AMI) to issue a CLI "COMMAND" to reload SIP
(or
> whatever channel driver).  I think there is also another way to tell
> RealTime to clear it's cache but I can't think of it off the top of my
head.
>  Oh, and by turning on RTCacheFriends you'll have access to "qualify=yes".

Yes, i have read that, but it seems to be very realtime-unfriendly. I
definitely won't use it on my production (i have a VPN there), but for
development it seems to be too much effort. Btw, do you have some more
info on RTCacheFriends - as i suppose i have to do it too often - i
got a lot of users, that are changing often.. Would turning it on lead
to that all users will be cached by asterisk and only reload will read
them again?

Regards,
Atis

Ive found a sip prune realtime peer XXXX useful when a peer is
updated/changed via the web gui it fires off a prune and sip show peer XXXX
load to get the new info active.

Regards Greg