[asterisk-dev] AST_FRAME_DIGITAL

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Fri Sep 14 11:21:24 CDT 2007

Tony Mountifield wrote:
> In article <003201c7f596$e6827f80$800101df at VALINOR>,
> Sergio Garcia Murillo <sergio.garcia at fontventa.com> wrote:
>> Just cheking q931 bearer capability:
>>
>> pri debug span 1
>> Bearer Capability (len= 3)
>>  Ext: 1  Q.931 Std: 0  Info transfer capability:
>>          Unrestricted digital information (8)
>>  Ext: 1  Trans mode/rate: 64kbps, circuit-mode (16)
>>  Ext: 1  User information layer 1: H223/H245 data (38)
>
> Was one of the original posts in this thread suggesting that a frame
> such as the above was being treated by Asterisk as G.711 speech?
>
> If so, surely that is wrong, and the frame/call should be rejected,
> until such time as the proper handling is designed and implemented.

We do not reject by default, since there was a time (I'm not sure if it
still works since I can't test it directly) that zap-to-zap bridges
could pass through video, data, etc without a problem.  So, this is not
"wrong", it's just that it won't work very well outside the context of
chan_zap.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer